Forster – Tuncurry Removals & Storage COVID-19 Update for the Greater Sydney Area
including Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour
Last Update: 17/07/2021
The COVID-19 pandemic is affecting all Australian states and territories, however the current NSW State Government restrictions which came into place on 26/06/2021 place additional demands upon the communities in the Greater Sydney region including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour until 11:59pm on Friday 30 July 2021. FTR wishes to assure its clients and partners that the business is continuing to closely monitor the situation in NSW and be guided by the advice provided from the state government.
FTR has implemented a detailed and comprehensive COVID Safe operating plan for its staff which has been designed to mitigate the risk of infection to our staff, customers and suppliers.
With regard to our operations within the impacted areas in and around greater Sydney at the time of this notice, the NSW Department of Health has issued advise that moving services are only permitted to take place for situations where there is a change to your primary place of residence, to and from a storage facility or if receiving delivery from an authorised essential business. FTR is therefore currently ACCEPTING bookings and perform removal services which meet the NSW Health criteria within the greater Sydney area. It is however important to note we are not permitted to enter the residence of anyone currently under a 14 day self isolation period associated with high risk close contact sites listed on the NSW Health Alerts website.
All FTR crews will have the appropriate PPE and have been supplied a copy of and abide by the FTR Covid Safety Plan which includes wearing masks at your residence upon arrival, social distancing and the regular use of instant antibacterial hand sanitiser.
Let’s Keep Each Other Safe
Whilst FTR, via its COVID Safe plan and actions will do all that we can to keep our valued clients safe, we ask our customers to acknowledge their role in keeping everyone safe also. As we do on a daily basis with our own staff and crews, we ask that you and all those present at your residence confirm that they have not come into contact with potential Covid hotspots or exposure sites or people who may have been infected, have no Covid symptoms, are not in isolation or awaiting the results of a Covid test. You will also be required to wear a mask in line with the NSW Health mandate issued on 24/06/2021,
If for any reason you do not feel comfortable for your relocation or delivery to progress during this period or if you are in fact unable to answer the above questions with a resounding No, please contact FTR and we will make alternative arrangements.
It is our expectation that these service restrictions will remain in place until 30/07/2021, however in the event of any changes FTR will endeavour to contact and advise any impacted customers.
Together we can still make your relocation as smooth as possible.
FTR Heightened Operating Procedures
- Compulsory physical distancing measures to be in place at all times, with services to be contact-free wherever possible.
- Compulsory personal protection requirements for all FTR staff to include:Gloves and other personal protection equipment.
- Frequent use of hand sanitizer.
- Increased frequency of cleaning for all FTR assets with a special focus on high touch communal items such as handles, doorknobs, handrails, and work surfaces.
- FTR staff experiencing any flu-like symptoms required to stay home and produce a medical clearance prior to returning to work.
- Temperature checks permitted to be undertaken on all FTR staff if concern for appearance of symptoms is reported.
FTR requires its clients to also adhere to COVID Safe procedures as follows:
In preparation for the services you have booked with FTR and to ensure the safety and health of our clients and staff, the following necessary considerations must be made prior to the arrival of moving crews:
- Please ensure that all surfaces are sanitised and all areas are accessible to our team. We courteously request that there is a toilet and wash basin made available for our crew to use for frequent hand washing.
- All household members are required to wear face masks for the entire duration of the removal and follow social distancing wherever possible;
a. A safe distance of 1.5 metres between those on site.
b. Where a space may be smaller that 4sqm, FTR asks that only one person at a time is permitted to enter.
- FTR customers are required to advise us if anyone within the residence has tested positive for COVID-19 and is currently quarantined or has not yet received medical clearance. A FTR representative will contact you prior to your move date to confirm this is NOT the case.
- FTR appreciates and respects any concerns you may have with our staff entering your home, however our primary responsibility is to ensure your safety and the safety of our employees and the wider community. Should you choose to review your moving date, please advise FTR at your earliest opportunity in order to postpone your move to a later date.